My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

We both slept hard and late today, but we made it to Burger King in time for breakfast. We lingered there for a bit reading the paper, and that is where I typed and e-mailed my long private post about work. I might have another one of those in my yet tonight.

Then we went furniture shopping. We are looking for a sectional for the family room. It is the first time we went looking at them armed with measurements of the area where it will go. Up until today we didn't know if one would even work there. It will.

We were next to a Performance Bike shop and I wanted to stop in for a couple minutes and look around. I walked out with a $45 or $50 tire pump for only $30.

Then we went to Kohl's to get some new clothes for me. I got a pair of blue slacks, three shirts, and a three-pack of actual Jockey shorts. I have never actually owned Jockey brand shorts. You always use the term "Jockey shorts" in the generic way you say Kleenex or Xerox.

We stopped for a little snack at Krispy Kreme, and then parked at the end of a runway at a small municipal airport for a few minutes and watched small private planes takeoff and land.

Then we went to Meijer for a few necessities and to get something for dinner. We are going to make Ruebens this evening and eat them while watching our movie. I also wanted to try the new Campbell's Select Gold Label soups. We picked out the Blended Red Pepper Black Bean Soup and will open that up if we still want something after our sandwiches.

No comments: