My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

After our skating night at the church parking lot we came home and made Devonshire sandwiches.

For the Welsh rarebit sauce I cheated and started with a can of Campbell's cheddar cheese soup. To that I added ½ cup of fat free sour cream, ½ teaspoon of dry mustard powder, a few teaspoons of Worcestershire, and some fresh ground black pepper.

I put a piece of toast on a plate and added two strips of turkey bacon. On top of that I added some thinly sliced turkey that I gently warmed in the same pan I cooked the bacon. I added a few slices of tomato, put the top piece of toast on the sandwich, and then ladled the sauce over the entire sandwich. We ate them with a fork and steak knife.

They taste much better than they photograph.

No comments: