My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

I have some posts to catch up on.

Tuesday after work Sheri and I went to a local church's parking lot with our skates. Sheri did great and had fun. I am still so shaky that the uneven surface of the parking lot and the salt chunks made me so nervous that I could not relax enough. As a result I was very stiff. When I would run over a little pebble-sized piece of salt it would stop my skate and make me tense up more. I guess until I am more confident I should stay on very smooth surfaces like the basement or roller rinks.

Sheri had a good time and looked really good. She could lap the whole parking lot in what seemed like just a few seconds.

She wasn't going to where her helmet but I talked her into it. If you fall backwards there is nothing to catch you. Your neck might not be strong enough to stop your 12 pound melon, which has already built up speed from falling five feet or so, from cracking on the pavement. (Yeah, I wanted it to be graphic so you will where your helmet too.) She also wore her full accouterment of pads (knee, elbow, and wrist). I don't have any pads yet, so I just wore some lined leather work gloves (it was cold and provided protection) and my helmet.

Her are some pictures of our evening.







Sheri's really cool high-quality skates.




My cheapie $9 skates.

No comments: