My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

I made it home alive. (Read that as: I didn't fall asleep at the wheel.) Last night I went to bed a little after midnight, and then got up at 4:00 AM. I wasn't able to catch any catnaps at the hospital.

Sheri is doing GREAT. She barely had a bought with nausea. She felt a little wave come on around 6:00 PM, but she told the nurse right away, rather than try to tough it out like she normally would, and she shot some anti-nausea medicine in her IV. Fixed her right up.

She has been going through about a Styrofoam coffee cup of ice per hour with no problems.

She walked twice today.

I gave her the first shot of Heparin today. She will get three injections per day for the next two weeks. She wanted me to do it for her first, and then she will try it if she is up to it.

She is in good spirits. She even said at one point today that she was happy. Go figure. She got a call from her California friend. A New York friend. Lisa. Toledo Mom. Columbus Mom. A Chicago friend. And she called another local Chicago friend.

I barely made it to the cafeteria before it closed. I had two pieces of baked chicken on rice. It was supposed to be somewhat southwestern, but the only indication of this were a few canned tomatoes stirred into the baked rice. It was average, but for only $2.79 it was a pretty good deal. I also made a big salad from the salad bar. I think tomorrow I will just get a big salad and add extra chopped turkey breast to make it more of a main course.

She has to breathe some medication through a nebulizer for ten minutes every six hours. That means her next session is at 2:00 AM CST. Give her call around then if you like.

That's about all I can recall right now, plus I am so tired that my mind is starting to get confused. I hope I am not too tired to fall asleep. I also drank too many Diet Pepsis and coffees today.

No comments: