My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, January 03, 2004

Poor Sheri. Everyone in her department had to work an eight hour shift over the weekend to baby sit a big project that another department is doing. They just wanted representation on-site in case something went wrong.

She worked midnight until 8:00 AM this morning. Fortunately nothing broke on the project while she was there.

I had the crab legs, shrimp, corn on the cob, and red potatoes almost ready for her when she got home for dinner. The crab was unbelievably sweet. It was sweeter than anything we had in Florida. It appeared to be a different species. It had the same general size and shape as the snow crab we had, but the legs were covered with hundreds of little sharp points all over the place, and the shells were a little thicker and harder to crack. But very very sweet.

It was a lot of fun to eat. We covered the kitchen table in several layers of newspaper because I knew we were going to make a mess.

I wanted Sheri to go to bed for a few hours before she had to drive back to work, but she wanted to watch a movie with me. So we left the kitchen and the table a complete mess and watched 28 Days Later. Not a bad movie, but it seemed to drag at times, and there were some logic gaps. Overall, entertaining, but wouldn't put it in the "must see" category".

After the movie I convinced her to lie in bed for an hour. Not to sleep, because she was afraid she would get too groggy for the drive downtown, but just to rest for a little bit. We kept the TV on to keep us awake.

After she left I cleaned up the kitchen. I still have a few of the bigger pots to clean.

She really loves walking the dogs on Saturday and looks forward to it. When she left work she went to the shelter instead of coming home, and walked the dogs for 1½ hours! I didn't think that the wet cold weather would do my cold any good so I didn't go. She took some really good pictures of the dogs today. I am looking forward to seeing a new pit bull they got in. His picture is gorgeous, and she said he was very gentle and affectionate. Another dog started yapping at him, and instead of ripping its head off, just kind of looked apologetic. Wait until you see the color of his eyes. A beautiful hazel.

She brought a Wendy's hamburger home for me. She brushed her teeth, washed her face, and then conked out.

I am going to let her sleep until about 4:00 PM or so and then gently wake her up. I don't want her sleep schedule to get completely whacked out. I think I will suggest a light dinner, and then watch the other WalMart DVD movie that came in the mail, The Hulk. I am not expecting great things from the movie though. I heard the special effects were a little too "cartoony".

No comments: