My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, January 18, 2004

My diploma for my MBA from Ashland University showed up in the mail yesterday! They included my transcript, which is good, because I had actually forgotten when I started.

Fall 1997
Operations Management (A)
I started with just a single class to get my feet wet.
-----
Spring 1998
Business & Society (A-)
Managerial Accounting (A)

Summer 1998
Business Statistics (A)
Management Information Systems (A-)

Fall 1998
Business Cycles & Forecasting (B+)
I went back to taking just a single class each semester because it was taking up more of my time than I thought it would, and I was not in any hurry to get my degree.
-----
Spring 1999
I took this semester off because I started my position as the MONIES Administrator.

Summer 1999
Marketing Management (A-)

Fall 1999
I forgot why I took this semester off, but I think it had to do with traveling for work.
-----
Spring 2000
Managerial Economics (A)

Summer 2000
Organizational Behavior

Fall 2000
Organizational Development & Design (A)

At the end of this semester is when we moved to Chicago.
-----
After two years in Chicago, I finally got registered at DePaul University in January of 2003 to finish up my degree.

Spring 2003
International Business Management (A)

Summer 2003
Strategic Planning & Policy (A)

In June 2003 I had my DePaul transcript sent to Ashland and applied to graduate. I got a letter explaining that DePaul is on quarters, and Ashland is on Semesters, so instead of the two classes at DePaul being worth 3 credit hours each, they were only worth 2.67 credit hours each. I was short 2/3 of a credit hour.

This was about the time I got laid off and decided to go back to school for GIS. Fortunately one of the classes I took at Northern Illinois, Land Use Planning (A), was a graduate level class, and Ashland was willing to transfer one hour of credit upon successful completion of the class as "MBA seminar".

No comments: