My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A couple years ago I bought a really nice, almost commercial grade, clothes steamer. It has worked great whenever we have needed it.

A month or so ago I went to add more water to the reservoir and I noticed the rubber check-valve in the water bottle was almost deteriorated. If I touched it my finger would be covered with a heavy coat of microscopic rubber particles.

Crap! Here I have this excellent quality steamer and it is going to become useless because of some obscure part that I will never be able to find.

On the way home from work (I don't know why I was thinking about this on the way home from work) I had the idea to check the manufacture's website. I did and they sell a packet of three rubber check valves for $0.75 plus $1.90 shipping, and they ship within 24 hours! Yeah me!

It is a Jiffy J-2000 steamer and I highly recommend them. Built to last. I think it is the brand you will usually see in clothes stores.

No comments: