My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

We got a great deal on our Christmas Eve prime rib. Dominick's had them on special for only $4.99 per pound. The normal price I have seen the last couple weeks has been in the $10 to $13 per pound range.



We placed ur order for it a week ago. We asked for a roast between 5 and 6 pounds and to have it Frenched and tied. Yesterday afternoon we stopped by to pick it up. When the butcher brought our order out from the back it was HUGE. He handed it to me and the sticker said 12 pounds. "We placed our order for one between 5 and 6 pounds." I get a blank look. "This one is 12 pounds." Another blank look. "This is twice as much as we need." Finally he says: "What do you want me to do?" I didn't think this was supposed to be that complicated. "Can you cut it so it is between 5 and 6 pounds?"

I think the person that cut it for us read the tag as needing 5 or 6 ribs. I saw the little piece of paper that the order taker a week ago wrote out and it just said "5 or 6". She didn't write the word pound on the slip.



As you can see it was a really nice piece of meat.

And it turned out really nice.



I also made Yorkshire pudding, a little side salad, and one baked potato. I only ate half of the potato. It has been years since I had one and I just wanted the taste of it.

No comments: