My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Friday, December 01, 2006

I got up at 6 AM to use the snow blower. We got about 3 – 4 inches of VERY heavy wet snow. Whatever I paid for the snow blower over 10 years ago was more than made up for today.

I had finished the main driveway part and was halfway through the sidewalk to the west of our home when I noticed the college girl neighbor to the east of us slowly making half-shovelful scoops of progress past their property line and all the way to our driveway. She wasn't doing the whole width of the sidewalk, just a shovel's width so walkers could at least get through. I didn't see her dad, brother or mom, so I had to go over and help her out.

I finished up our stuff, unplugged the cord and walked over and told her to plug me in. The normal guy etiquette if another guy comes over to snowblow your driveway if you only have a shovel is to keep making progress with the shovel in the tight areas while he gets the big major areas. If you are about to have a heart attack it is acceptable to simply pay attention to what he is doing in case he needs help, give the occasional thumbs up, etc. You can even go inside momentarily to warm up as long as you bring out a cup of coffee, beer, etc.

College girl decides the best thing to do is put the shovel down and make a snowman. I don't know if that is proper snow blower assist etiquette but I thought it was cute. Sheri thought is was adorable too.

Time to shower up, go to work, and endure the agonizing 12 hours until Mitch shows up.

No comments: