My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

When we first got Mitch he was terrified of the steps. We never had to carry him up or down, but it was a big ordeal coaxing him. I wish I would have thought to take a video of him on the stairs when he was still having problems with them. These two videos were taken after we had him 4 or 5 days.

For the video of him coming up the stairs we were encouraging him for 10 seconds or so before I started shooting, but you can still see his initial hesitation. Once he gets going though he shoots right up.

He mastered going down the stairs a lot sooner than he did going up which surprised me. I thought it would be the other way around.

He still has some mis-steps on the stairs every once in a while, but for the most part he has it figured out. I think he gets into trouble when he stops to think about what he is doing and where his feet should go.

Going up the stairs


Going down the stairs


We are getting ready to take him out on the town in a little bit and might have some more video later this afternoon. We plan on going to the dog park, our downtown shopping area to walk around, and PetSmart.

By the way, the video I posted a few months ago of our new toilet seat that closes slowly on its own has been viewed 12,664 times as of today.

No comments: