My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, February 24, 2003

Bed Update

Well, we got our new Tempur-Pedic bed delivered this evening, but it spent all day in an unheated truck that was probably about 15º. The thing was as hard as a rock. The entire king size piece of foam is as stiff as a board. The guys said that it will take two or three hours to thaw out. Fortunately they were able to come early, and we left work early, and it was in our bedroom by 5:45 PM.

We were laying on it trying to thaw it out faster, and were we were laying would get a little softer.

We went downstairs to finish up laundry, my tabouli, and start my 9:00 PM Singapore conference call. We left a space heater on in the bedroom, so it should be thawed out by now.

There was a package waiting for Sheri on the steps when we got home. It was a very nice care package from Lisa. For Sheri was a Cheer Bear to help Sheri get through her surgery, and some pictures of me with Shawn, with the best picture of the bunch in a nice frame. I plan on taking the frame to work for my desk. There was also an invitation to Shawn's birthday party. Tempting. Thanks Lisa!

Sheri also got a really nice card from Marianne today. All of the support really means a lot to her us and has been helpful and encouraging. Thanks everyone!

The dial-in number to my conference call didn't work, so I got out of that one. I am going to finish this up and then go try my first night in our new bed. Can't wait.

No comments: