My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, February 16, 2003

The company that supports the comments on my and Sheri's blog are ran into some problems while they were upgrading their servers today, and won't have comments for a while.

The cooling fan on our video card in our PC has a bad bearing and makes a constant whining-grinding sound. It is making it very difficult to concentrate and work on my paper. I don't have time to fix it now because of my paper, so I have to keep the radio or TV on to try and mask the sound. Grrrrr..... Maybe later this week I will get the bad fan out and take it to the computer store to pick up a replacement. I think we are also getting closer to ordering a new Dell. Maybe even time it so it will arrive while she is recuperating at home.

Sheri is going to run some errands now while I try to get a few good hours of work done on my paper.

We only got maybe 2 - 3 inches of snow yesterday. Not even enough to get the snow blower out. Sheri talked to Greta and said that they got 12 inches dumped on them. Yuck.

Sheri has been having ups and downs regarding her cancer. We are not worried about removing the thyroid; we are worried about if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes. That is much more serious. Unfortunately they won't know until they are in there. On the plus side, the kind of cancer that usually attacks the thyroid isn't usually the aggressive kind.

The Chicago Auto Show is in town. I can't go this year, but I think I definitely want to make plans to go next year. For some reason it is bigger than the Detroit Auto Show.

It is about this time every year that I get nostalgic about cutting the grass and doing some yard work. I also wasn't able to properly play with our pressure washer that we bought in the fall.

I don't think we are going to get any plastic sheeting and duct tape per the government's recommendations, but I think we will get a few gallons of extra drinking water. We get our tap water from the city of Chicago and I think the water purification plant would be an attractive target for a terrorist.

I think that we are going to need a vacation soon. We've talked about San Francisco. I want to go to D.C. Manhattan has come up in conversation. I like what Tim and Lisa just did. Maybe the world's largest mall in Edmonton, Canada. London would be fun, but not now with all of the instability in the international environment.

I won a free lunch at the employee cafeteria last week. Every now and then they have a fish bowl at the end of the check out line. You are supposed to write your name and extension on your receipt and drop it in. I did, and I won. I haven't used my voucher yet. It is for an unlimited amount, so I think I won't be eating dinner that night!

No comments: