My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, February 24, 2003

Tabouli Recipe

This is my basic recipe for tabouli.

1 cup bulgur wheat
1 1/2 cup boiling water
1 1/2 tsp salt (opt) (I use 1 teaspoon)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
dash of garlic powder
2 tomatoes, diced
3 cups chopped fresh parsley (I just toss the leaves of an entire bunch in the food processor.)
4 green onions, chopped with tops (optional)

Pour boiling water over bulgur wheat and salt. (I also add maybe 1/2 teaspoon of dried minced onion at this point.) Cover bulgur wheat for 30 minutes and let set. Stir next three ingredients into bulgur and chill for 2-3 hours. Add tomatoes, parsley and green onions and gently toss before serving.

We just bought some dried mint leaves that I am going to try adding, probably in the first step. I will start with 2 or 3 tablespoons and see how that tastes.

No comments: