My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, June 14, 2003

Didn't do much today. I stopped by the doctor's office to pick up a couple weeks of pill samples, and have a blood sample taken. I was going to run out of some pills before my next routine appointment on Friday, so I had I suggested I get my blood drawn while I was there so we could talk about the results during my appointment.

After work yesterday we stopped at Best Buy and picked up a wireless adaptor for our work laptops. (Just one adaptor. We can swap it back and forth between the two laptops.) It works amazingly GREAT! I was surfing late into the night while laying in bed last night. I was reading the morning news on it at 6:00 AM on the patio while Goliath was doing his thing. Used it on the couch to look up what to watch next on TV. (Bathroom trips are much more productive now, too.)

I normally just plug my laptop into our router with a LAN cable and work at our office desk upstairs. I decided to get the wireless card because I have some office work to do over the weekend that will take a lot of time but not necessarily a lot of brain power, and I didn’t want to be a prisoner upstairs in the office. So now I can work and connect to the company's e-mail, network, etc. from the comfort of our couch. When Sheri is on call for work, she will now be able reboot a server at 3:00 AM in the morning from bed.

When I bought our router a few months ago, I bought a wireless one because I knew we would eventually get a PC with a wireless card. We are talking about buying ourselves a laptop for our Christmas present this year. We can then use the wireless card we just bought for that PC.

We were going to go to a film festival in the city that some friends are producing, but it does not start until 9:00 PM, and parking is always a pain, and I am feeling bleh and lazy. We will probably go get a movie and a light dinner somewhere. Might also make some kettle corn, and maybe boil some edamame we have in the freezer for a snack.

The grass is ready to be cut tomorrow.

Our cable company has added the Speed Channel. It is nothing but motor sports. I was watching the 24 hour Le Mans race live from France today. I think they are about in the seventh hour of racing now. A Bentley (pictured) is currently in the lead.

I need to do some research on where to rent a boat for the fishing trip that Dad and I are planning when they come to visit in August. We will be fishing at Chain O' Lakes State Park. It looks like there are at least three main lakes that make up the Chain O' Lakes. Looking at the map, I noticed that the Gander Mountain Forest Preserve is just north of the state park. Cool. (Click through to the map. It gives you a good idea of what the area looks like.)

Prior to our fishing trip I also plan on finding a half dozen or so fishing "hot spots" and then enter the latitude and longitude of those spots into my handheld GPS receiver. That should allow us to make the most efficient use of our fishing time. Once we hit the water we can get right to the good places, even though the lake will be unfamiliar to us. I saw a hot-spot map at Wal-Mart that I will have to pick up. I think I have only caught about three bass in my entire life. I am really looking forward to do some real fishing. This is a link showing pictures of all the species that are in the Chain O' Lakes. (Neat illustrations.)

Last night we watched about half of The Jerk. What a great movie. I got it on DVD for Sheri for Christmas.

No comments: