My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, June 28, 2003

We went to a fishing store today and I picked up two hot-spot maps for the north and south Chain O' Lakes for my fishing trip with Dad. The map company is actually called Fishing Hot Spots Maps.

The maps list GPS coordinates, so I will be able to program them into my GPS receiver. So even though we will be totally unfamiliar with the lakes when we get there at 7:00 AM, by looking at the GPS we will know exactly where we are and where to go. This will be important to get the most out of our fishing trip because there are 6,420 acres of water in this lake system!

My GPS receiver will also be helpful when it is time to call it a day. We will know exactly how far away from the marina we are and will be able to time when we need to start heading back. When Sheri and I rented a pontoon boat for a day at Indian Lake in Ohio, all of the shore line looks the same when you are in the middle of the lake and are not used to the landmarks. We started heading back before we really had to in order to make sure we didn't get lost.

No comments: