My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, June 26, 2003

I received a voice mail this morning from the career transition company that my ex-company is providing for three months. I just called back but only got their voice mail. The handout that I have for them lists these following services that they will provide:

  • One-on-one career counseling
  • Assessment and objective determination
  • Marketing campaign design
  • Marketing campaign execution
  • Training seminars
  • Access to research library
  • Shared workspace during regular business hours
  • Administrative support – one-day turnaround
  • Domestic telephone, message-taking, voice mail
  • Access to personal computer
  • Internet access
  • Personalized letterhead and envelopes
  • Photocopying

Most of is sounds like fluff, except for the first two; maybe the first five. I supposed if I were 20 or 30 years older and was not used to typing for myself, the rest of the stuff might be useful, but I have a pretty good setup at home (computer, high-speed internet, unlimited long distance, voice mail, etc.) . I don't have a laser printer, so I will either e-mail letters and resumes to Sheri at work to print out for me, or go to a local Kinko's if it has to get out the same day. (I wouldn't send out a resume from an ink jet printer.)

No comments: