My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, June 23, 2003

I just listened to a voicemail from my doctor's office regarding my check-up on Friday. The nurse said that my blood sugar level over the last three months was perfectly normal, and that the doctor said to keep up the good work.

She didn't say what my number was, but I am assuming that they are using a 7% hemoglobin A1c as the normal point. (7% or less is normally considered to be "good control") I called back to see exactly what the results were, but the nurse was busy.

The last several trips it has been slightly above where they want it. Not immediately-life-threatening level, but more like work-on-it-a-little-harder-for-next-check-up level.

Last week during my visit, the doctor also said he wants my weight to be 240 pounds. He said if I can do that, everything else will fall into place. I am about 260, so that is just a 7.7% change, which isn't really that much. I am not looking at 240 right now, though. That just seems like too much. I am looking at 250. If I can make that, which seems more attainable, that will give me some inspiration for the next 10 after that.

We will probably be going to the Ruby Tuesday salad bar more often. I can eat pretty well by doing that. I also really like the Golden Corral salad bar, but there is a lot of temptation there with the desert bar and all of the starchy side dishes.

We are having filet mignon for dinner tonight complements of Mom, Dad, Tim, and Lisa. It is the current installment of the Honeybaked "meat of the month club". (My words in quotes.) Besides the two filets, we also received two strips. I am going to sauté some mushrooms, and have another vegetable to go with it.

No comments: