My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, June 30, 2003

When Sheri went to leave for work this morning, the car had absolutely no electricity. The starter would not crank, no lights, no radio, no power locks. Nothing. She took the van instead.

I called AAA for a jump, and then was going to drive it to have the battery, alternator, and electrical system checked out. After the tow truck driver left, and I am putting the dog away, I went to pick something up from the garage floor and I noticed that the map lights that are imbedded underneath the rear view mirror were on. All of the doors where closed, so they were not the courtesy lights. I got inside and both switches were in the on position. So that is what drained the battery, and I didn't take the car to the shop. I just drove around for a while. But how did both of the lights get turned on?

After backtracking, Sheri remembered that when she stopped at Dominick's to pick up a $5 pizza on the way home from work Friday night, that she bumped the mirror with the pizza box. It was still daylight and couldn't see that the lights were turned on. We drove the van the rest of the weekend, so by this morning those two little lights had drained the entire battery.

No comments: