My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, June 30, 2003

I bought a new cell phone today, so if you want my new mobile number just drop me an e-mail.

This is the phone I got. I didn't want one with the little flip tops that can break off, or antenna nubs that can get hooked on things in my pocket. This was also one of the lightest phones at 2.82 ounces. There was one that was lighter, but it cost $300. This will end up being free once I mail in the rebate.

I got a plan with 300 any-time minutes, and unlimited calls on the weekend, for $30 per month.

Even though I didn't use my work phone that much, it was a huge convience when I did need it. I felt very naked with out. Like today when I was driving the car after it was jumped. What if it stalled? I wouldn't be able to call anyone. Or coordinating picking up Sheri from the train station. Or on Wednesday I am going into the city to have lunch with people, see Sheri, stop by DePaul, meet with the career advisor. If plans change when I am on the go, it will be much easier to keep everyone updated with a cell phone.

No comments: