My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, June 30, 2003

I am listening to my police scanner now, and there is a big hostage situation going on right now. The house is about 7 miles south-west of us. They had to ask a neighboring city to send over some back-up officers.

They are setting up generators, lights and speakers now in front of the house. They have a negotiator on the way. They also just called HQ to send some replacement batteries for everyone's radios because they have been using them so much.

They have the entire neighborhood cordoned off. I was listening to them coordinate road-blocks while I was looking at a street map. From that I could get an idea of what their tactical plan was. They were also running every licence plate, or cars in the area, and a few VIN numbers through the database.

I have not heard what it is all about or how many they have, etc.

No comments: