My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, June 26, 2003

The weather is beautiful here today. It is currently 74º, breezy, and sunny with almost no clouds in the sky. A big change from the last few days.

We stopped at the grocery store last night to pick up some things for Sheri to pack for lunch. She is going to start taking her lunch on most days for a few reasons:

  1. Save money
  2. Better for her health and nutrition-wise
  3. By eating at her desk she can leave a little earlier

Last night I packed her:

  • About five prunes
  • Baggie of pretzels and dry roasted peanuts
  • Single serving can of pineapple
  • Turkey sandwich with Swiss and fat free mayo
  • Baggie with two tomato slices for her sandwich so the bread wouldn't get soggy

Using the same concept for dinner last night (cost and nutrition), I sliced an eggplant, seasoned it with Lawry's Season Salt and olive oil, and grilled it outside on the grill. When it was done I simply served it on a plate and poured a liberal amount of spaghetti sauce over it. Very good.

By the way, eggplants seem to do very well for long periods in the refrigerator. We bought three big ones several weeks ago. I thought I was going to have to through them out, but they were as firm as the day I put them in there.

No comments: