My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, December 29, 2003

After I picked Sheri up at the train station tonight we went to dinner at the nearby Indian place. Excellent as usual. We got a pot of tea because me throat has been bothering me. It helped.

Then we went to Meijer to get New Year's Eve seafood. We got about two pounds of snow crab legs, one pound of stone crab legs, and one pound of raw 36/40 count shrimp.

I think I will spread a bunch of newspaper out on the kitchen table and we will just dig in. Can't wait!

I am also going to pick up four or five New potatoes (if I can find them sold individually) and some frozen corn on the cobs to go along with the meal as well.

Stone crab fun facts:
A stone crab has two big claws. When they are caught one of the claws is twisted off, and the crab is tossed back in the ocean with just one claw to defend itself. It takes about a year to re-grow the harvested claw to full size. A crab can regenerate about four claws in its lifetime.

Also, stone crab claws are always cooked at the dock and then frozen so the meat won't stick to the inside of the shell. From what I have found I think that is a Florida DNR law. All you have to do is thaw them and enjoy.

No comments: