My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

I just had a slight scare with the printer. It had a paper jam, and I thought I might have stripped the gears or something when I removed the paper because it just made grinding sound when I would turn it off and on. The error message lights indicated that the ink cartridge sled was jammed.

I went on-line to look at HP's troubleshooting guide, but everything they suggested checked out fine. I took the back of the printer off and did not see any paper scraps jamming any gears.

Finally, from Brad's trouble shooting guide, I took a pair of pliers and pulled the sled out from behind the docking position. I took out the ink cartridges, closed the lid, and then turned it back on. It cycled through and gave me the error that there was no ink rather than a jammed sled. I also didn't hear any grinding! I put the cartridges back in, turned it back on, and it worked like normal. Weird.

No comments: