My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, December 29, 2003

We dropped the van off last night for service, so this morning I got up with Sheri and drove her to the train station. On the way back I stopped by a little shoe repair / tailor shop to have a button sewn back on Sheri's leather jacket.

The little guy that runs the shop is really cute. (Is a guy allowed to say that? Oh well. I did. Get over it.) He is a little short soft-spoken grey haired Asian guy. Probably somebody's grandfather. Smiled the whole time. He was so soft spoken I had trouble understanding him a couple of times. He would chuckle to himself when I didn't understand him. I don't think he made eye contact with me.

His hands looked like a guy that works with leather all the time: calloused and cracked and permanently stained with black shoe polish. He said it will be ready on Wednesday after he had a little conversation with himself about what day was a holiday.

Even though it is a simple job, I am excited to see his work. I want to be able to take more stuff for him to fix.

No comments: