My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, December 20, 2003

I was looking for Kitchen Bouquet yesterday at Meijer to put in the beef-mushroom barley soup I am making today. Sheri never heard of it, and we couldn't find it at Meijer. The stock-boy we asked for help had never heard of it either. I got a bottle at Gordon's today.

Kitchen Bouquet is a browning and seasoning sauce. It has caramel for color, and then vegetable base for flavor. There is very little salt in it which is a good thing. The vegetable base consists of:

onion
celery
parsnips
turnips
parsley

I will add between an 1/8 of a cup and a ¼ of a cup to my soup during the last 30 minutes of cooking.

I did a little research and found that Kitchen Bouquet brand name is now owned by the Clorox company. The other food products that they also own are Hidden Valley Ranch, and K.C. Masterpiece.

Clorox is apparently a very large conglomerate. They also own:

Glad and GladWare
Black Flag and Roach Motel
Kingsford Charcoal
Jonny Cat, Scoop Away, Fresh Step, and EverClean cat litter
Armor All
Formula 409
STP
Tilex
S.O.S. steel-wool soap pads
Soft Scrub
Pine-Sol
Brita water filters
Liquid-Plumr

No comments: