My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

My favorite nuts in the world are roasted Virginia peanuts, and roasted salted almonds from the Krema Nut Company in Columbus. When ever we visit Columbus, or Greta visits us, she usually has a bag of each waiting for me. [I forgot to thank you this time. Thank you Greta!]

They roast them right there at the "factory" on West Goodale Boulevard. They are very fresh, sweet, and crunchy. Almost like you just cracked them out of the shell yourself.

Lisa gave us a Honeybaked gift basket that was made up of all Krema products. If Honeybaked thinks it is good enough to put their name on, that also tells you something.

I would like their natural peanut butter, but they do not add salt. You need a little bit of salt in your peanut butter.

The best natural peanut butter I have found, and I think I have already written about it here, is Meijer's brand. It is so fresh that the oil does not have a chance to separate. The production date stamped on the jar is usually only a couple weeks old when I pick up a jar. They must move a lot of it. The best part is that it only costs $1.99, as opposed to Krema's $3.99.

No comments: