My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, April 03, 2003

Carpal Tunnel

I bought this wrist stabilizer on my lunch break today. WebMD.com said to wear one of these when you sleep. Put ice on the wrist OFTEN. (Not heat like I did this morning.) They said ice it as often as every 30 minutes. Take NSAID's. (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug) I took Advil. Do full range motion stretches.

They said that the sooner you do this, the better off you will be. The longer you wait to start treatment after realizing you have a carpal tunnel injury, the more damage is done to the nerves. They said that cortisone shots are to be used only if the above treatment does not provide relief. They said there are serious side effects from the cortisone.

The ice seems to have really helped.

No comments: