My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, April 26, 2003

I have the NASCAR race on in the office while I work on my paper. I turned to watch for a minute and there is a female reporter down in the paddocks interviewing a team, and she has a huge headset on that is heavily cushioned to keep the load noise out. That is not the funny part. The headset has an almost two foot flexible rubber antenna that is bobbing around. As she is talking to these guys, the antenna is bouncing around with every slight move of her head. Whenever she glances down, the antenna almost hits whomever is standing in front of her in the head.

It reminded me of the Saturday Night Live skit about ten years ago when Al Franken was a reporter with a satellite dish on his head, and said he was a "One Man Mobile Uplink".

No comments: