My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, April 05, 2003

I just finished making tabouli, hummus, and guacamole. It was the first time I made guacamole and it turned out really good. Better than Chipotle's. The avocados were perfectly ripe. Very soft. Being that ripe added a lot of extra flavor. I didn't realize how easy it is to peel an avocado. I sliced around the fruit vertically and pried the two halves apart. I then used a teaspoon to scoop out the flesh. It almost just plopped out. I used a pastry blender (pictured) to mash the avocado up. That is a great tool for this kind of stuff.

Sunny doesn't think she has ever had guacamole. She really likes it. The tabouli turned out good, and I think the hummus turned out good, but you can't tell with hummus until a few hours after you make it. It really changes taste (for the better) when you let it stand.

Sheri picked up Roger Dodger for our movie tonight.

We went to Granny's for breakfast this morning. I had a Denver omelet. Sheri had her normal vegetable skillet and has them add bacon. Sunny had the Hungry Man skillet. She couldn't finish it.

After breakfast they dropped me off at home and went shopping. The plan was I was going to do taxes and my homework. I had a headache and felt too sleepy to work, so I took a nap. I woke up, watched the end of the NASCAR race, and then went to work in the kitchen.

No comments: