My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, April 03, 2003

Cooking

Tonight I started the process to make hummus and tabouli for Sunny's visit this weekend. I mixed together bulgur wheat, oregano, mint, onion flakes, garlic powder and a wee bit of fresh ground black pepper, and then poured three cups of boiling water over it and let it sit. I will add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and fresh parsley tomorrow.

I sorted and rinsed chick peas and started them soaking overnight for the hummus. Tomorrow morning before I go to work I will drain them and put them in the fridge. Upon my return in the evening I will simmer them for a couple of hours, and then they will be ready for mashing and making hummus.

Tomorrow night I will also slice and grill the eggplant for baba ganoush.

We have all of the ingredients for guacamole, but I won't make that until Saturday because it turns color quickly once the avocado touches the air.

We bought a couple bags of pita bread to eat it all with. We need to buy tortilla chips for the guacamole.

I just got an e-mail that my Baghdad map shipped this evening. I should get both of them within a day or two. Yeah!

No comments: