My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Friday, April 11, 2003

I had my most steps in a day yesterday since I got my pedometer; about 9,200. The goal is to get over 10,000 steps each day. The latest research indicates that 10,000 steps a day is equivalent to the goal of 30 minutes of daily physical activity—the level recommended by the Surgeon General. I did feel better last night and slept better too.

After I ate a quick lunch at Harold's Chicken Hut, and then I just started to wander around the loop. I ended up at City Hall, and sat on a bench in front of the Picasso sculpture for a while and just watched people and traffic. I stopped in a few stores on the way. I think I will go on another walk-about around the loop again today at lunch. I think I will make Michigan Avenue today's destination. That should get me over 10,000 steps. It is almost 10:30 AM and I am right at 2,000 steps so far today.

The first three days of this week were crazy. Very busy. It is very quiet and calm at work today. Nice. I have one month-end task to do, and then I think I will catch up on submitting paper work for my expense account, tuition reimbursement, etc.

This weekend I only have two have-to-do's: taxes, and install the new Quicken software and get the bill payment account switched over to the new provider. Checkfree will not be supporting that directly anymore, and we have until Wednesday to get the accounts switched. I might also think about renting a carpet cleaner and just hitting some of the spots that Chemo-Dog soiled. I would like to do all of the carpet area, but I think that would get in the way of doing taxes. The units are under $20 to rent, and we still have the economy size jug of detergent from the last time we rented one, so it is something we can do as often as we like. We will rent it again in a month or two and do all of the carpets.

No comments: