My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, January 27, 2003

Humidifier

We went to Menards after work to look at humidifiers. Not much of selection this time of year. I went over and looked over all of the wicks and I opened up a few. They didn't have a replacement for ours, but I found one that was about the same basic shape, but about four or five inches longer. I bought that with the idea of just cutting off the part I didn't need. It worked! It was $9.00.

It is made of ribbons of stiff paper, and seems like it might sag under the weight of the water after a while, but if it does, it won't kill me to get another replacement for $9.00. Doing that will get rid of any mold that grows in there, and restore the wicking ability that gets diminished from all of the minerals that accumulate on the wick.

No comments: