My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, January 19, 2003

We went to Whole Foods tonight. I went to the deli and Sheri went to the salad bar. I got a Mexican tempeh salad, kale and shitake mushrooms, and a vegetarian tamale. Sheri got a big salad and a bowl of corn chowder. They have a big eating area with lots of tables, chairs, and two salt water aquariums.

After we ate dinner we did a little grocery shopping. One thing I am excited about is a jar of tahini and a pound of dried garbanzo beans. I am soaking the beans right now over night. Of course tomorrow I will make a nice big batch of fresh hummus. We also got a box of bulgur wheat, Italian parsley, and two tomatoes to make some tabouli.

I started not to suffer some lower intestinal distress while we were shopping, so we cut our shopping short and went home. We were going to go winter coat shopping after that, but it just wasn't meant to be.

I sat down to start to work on my paper today, but I didn't get too far. I did get caught up on this week's bills, though.

Tomorrow:
  1. Buy winter coat
  2. Radio Shack for a replacement ear phone (I listen to news radio every night before I go to sleep. It is not unusual that I will wake up early I the morning and will still have the ear plug in my ear with the news or talk radio playing.)
  3. Work on paper
  4. Make hummus

No comments: