My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, January 26, 2003

Nearby fire

I was listening to my police scanner yesterday as this fire was burning in Downers Grove. It was huge. About 100 people had their apartments destroyed. I was a little tempted to drive over and see what was going on, but I was working on my home work.

All of the surrounding cities sent their fire crews to Downers Grove to help out. It was neat listing to how our city's fire dispatch center hands control of the squads over to the Downer's Grove dispatch center. As the fire was put under control I could hear the squads being turned back over to their home cities.

I am such a voyeur. I think I would replace my scanner if I broke it. I have it on right now while I am listening to the Super Bowl, finishing up my paper, surfing the web, and making periodic updates to my blog.

No comments: