My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Tuesday, January 14, 2003

I have not had a Diet Pepsi today! I think I will be able to go through the whole day without one too.

I had lunch from the employee cafeteria again today. One of the things I got was humus. It was good, but it was loaded with a lot of fresh garlic. I like it, but I think I will try to avoid any close conversation for the rest of the day.

We didn’t find a new winter coat for me last night. Almost got one, but when it came down to it, I didn’t like it enough to lay the money down.

After shopping we went to the Weber Grill restaurant. I have read a bad review of it, so that is why we have not been in a hurry to try it. I believe that the food was cooked properly, but I think the waitress let it sit under the heat lamp too long. Everything was very tepid. The bottom part of our hamburger buns were soggy from sitting too long. The top bun on Sheri’s burger was hard, like it was left out overnight. We ordered a side of grilled seasoned mushrooms to split. They were also cool. The bread basket that they put on everyone’s table while you order was OK, except that the sour dough baguette slices were probably sliced several hours ahead of time. As a result they were dried out and almost crispy, but not in a good way. I would have made a fuss and had them re-do our order, but I was trying to be quick because we hadn’t been home yet to let Goliath out. I think I still might write a letter to them. A $10 hamburger should be better than that. I think it will be a while before I go back. The concept is neat though.

Class tonight.

No comments: