My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, January 04, 2003

When I was in grade school one summer (3rd or 4th grade?), we drove with the neighbor family across the street to a family friend ("Aunt Rose") that had a summer cottage on a lake somewhere. (at least I think it was on a lake.) Anyway, there was an artesian well on her property. My Dad told me a story that it was the Fountain of Youth that Ponce de Leon was searching for. Dad told me the more water a person drank from the well, the longer they would live. Well, what would you do? I drank from that well all day long as much as I could. On the drive home that evening we had to stop about every 20 minutes so I could relieve myself from all the water I drank that day. Mom and Dad said that the neighbor, who was driving, looked annoyed after the first couple of stops.

No comments: