My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, January 27, 2003

Political Leanings

In my college undergrad days my political lean was to the right and I voted all Republican. Over the years I have swung towards the center, and over the last couple of years I think that I now am more on the left. I am not at the point to blindly vote all Democrat, but I think that I would not vote for any one that is a hard core right wing Republican.

Here is a list of where I stand on certain political issues. I will use a five point system with 1 being far left liberal Democrat, 3 being mainstream middle, and 5 being far right conservative Republican.

Censorship and the Net - 1
Civil Liberties - 1
Death Penalty - 1
Environment - 1

Church-State Issues - 2
Nuclear Testing - 2
School vouchers - 2
Tax Reform - 2
Weapons Disarmament and Nonproliferation - 2

Abortion - 3
Health Care Policy - 3
Medicinal Marijuana - 3
Race Relations - 3
Terrorism - 3

Trade - 4

Firearms Policy - 5

No comments: