My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, January 20, 2003

I think that our next day off is February 17 for Washington's birthday.

I missed my 2:00 PM deadline to get my paper in. I don't think it will be a big deal, but we will see. I need maybe another hour or so. He is not grading them yet, just checking to make sure we turn them in. The work we are doing now will all go into one big project to be graded.

I opened up the two liter bottle of Diet Mountain Dew we had in the fridge.

Sheri left to do some grocery shopping a couple of other errands. She will pick up a replacement ear phone so I can be lulled asleep once again to my precious talk radio.

We think we will have a party after I complete my MBA in June. On the menu so far (subject to change though):

- a big pan of beef and sweet peppers to make Italian beef sandwichs from Portillo's
- a cake from the Mexican bakery nearby (Gigante Bakery)
- a cooler of beer, wine, iced tea, sodas, etc. and any special requests

Any other requests or ideas? A deep dish Chicago pizza from Lou Malnati's? A pan of Chicago hotdogs (also from Portillo's)? Famous Dave's BBQ?

Maybe I could do some type of hobo dinner in my turkey fryer? Corn on the cob. Sausages. Cabbage. Potatoes. Shrimp. Hot dogs.

I think it would be really cool to pack the house. Invite people from work. (Don't know how many would show though. Quite a drive for a lot of people.) Friends and family from Columbus, Toledo, Sidney, Akron, etc.

Back to work. Bleh!


No comments: