My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Friday, September 16, 2005

The animal shelter we volunteer at got a small airfreight company to donate a cargo plane to fly a shelter worker down to New Orleans and bring back a planeload of abandoned dogs. The plane should have got back last night. Sheri is going to the shelter this morning to see what they need help with. My guess is a lot of the dogs will need baths from being covered in that nasty humanwastetoxicchemicalwhoknowswhat soup that NO is covered in. They are going to double-up in the runs to make room for them all. We don't know how many dogs they are bringing back yet. I bet a lot of the dogs are just going to need attention from the trauma they have been through over the last couple weeks. Maybe we will go back tonight so spread some loving around.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Out of all of the pictures & stories that I saw on Katrina's destruction, none of them moved me until I saw the animal stories...seeing those helpless, scard dogs made me cry. Go give them lovin tonight!