My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

You've heard the saying "Youth is wasted on the young." Well I just thought of a similar truth of life: College is wasted on the young. Or at least they don’t realize at the time what an awesome experience they are really getting and how much insight those classes will provide them on how the world functions.

I remember sitting in undergraduate economic classes and being mildly interested at best. I would love to be able to go back and sit through all those classes again now that I have a better understanding and appreciation of how the world works.

Supply and demand curves are beautiful in their simplicity and elegance. A couple simple lines can predict such complex phenomena.

Supply and Demand Curves

I enjoyed, appreciated, and gained much more from my graduate school classes than my undergraduate classes. If you work at a company that will assist you with tuition and you don't take advantage of it, you are cheating yourself out of a wonderful experience. The hardest part is just getting the ball rolling again, and that is not really that big of a deal. Once you start taking classes everything just sort of falls in place.

No comments: