My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Friday, September 09, 2005

We had a nice Friday evening. We drove to our downtown and went to Sur La Table so I could buy a one ounce Scharffen Berger 62% semisweet chocolate bar for my desert later in the evening. The chocolate was $2.25.



Then we walked to Noodles & Company for dinner. I had their Chinese Chop Salad with grilled tofu. (Sesame-soy tossed chopped vegetables, field lettuces and cabbage topped with red pepper, cucumber, crunchy wonton strips and black sesame.) Sheri had a small macaroni and cheese.

After dinner we walked a few stores fronts down the street to Starbucks. Sheri got her usual iced coffee, and I got a tall decaf triple Americano. They had a couple new baristas behind the counter and my Americano tasted weak. It tasted more like a double rather than a triple. I nibbled on my chocolate bar and read the New York Times business section.

After hanging out there a while we walked back down the street to the candy store and got a pick-and-mix bag of goodies. We went out side and found a bench to sit on, have some of our candy, and people-watch.

Because my coffee didn't quite satisfy me, we stopped at the grocery store on the way home so I could get some Starbucks decaf espresso beans. They didn't have that exactly, so I got about a quarter pound of the self serve decaf French roast store brand and made my own Americano when I got home. It was good.

I took a shower and am in bed now. I will watch a little TV and surf the web for a while.

GO BUCKS!

No comments: