My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

We had three friends from Brooklyn here this weekend. They flew into Midway Friday afternoon, and they are flying out tomorrow (Monday) afternoon.

They wanted to bring us a "hostess" gift, but must have been indecisive, so they brought us many hostess gifts. The brought us:
  • Full hard salami from Katz's deli (I have not weighed it yet. My guess is about 5 pounds!)
  • T-shirt from Katz's deli
  • Two jars of Guss' pickles (One of my favorites. Best pickle in the world. There is no other pickle like it.)
  • Two boxes of frozen Jamaican beef patties (9 to a box)


They brought us something else, it is in the cheese drawer of the fridge, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is.

Friday night we took them to Lou Malnati's for pizza. Saturday we took them into the city. Today it was raining all day, so we went to Bobak's for brunch and then gave them the full Midwest experience by taking them to our mall in the minivan.

We just got done watching "Desperate Housewives" and eating some Jamaican beef patties. I am upstairs getting ready for bed and work tomorrow. They are downstairs watching a movie and drinking some neat imported beers they were excited to find at Bobak's. They were also pleasantly shocked at the Midwestern beer prices.

1 comment:

Chicago Sheri said...

2 packages of Nathans hot dogs
I'll try and remember to buy some buns for you tomorrow...or today since you are reading this tomorrow morning.

LOVE YOU!