My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

We went to our new Ikea tonight for dinner, people watching, and so I could just check out the place.

This is everything we got for dinner. With tax the total came to $10.88.



Sheri ordered the Swedish meatballs and boiled new potatoes which was on special for $1.99. We have never had their meatballs and they were pretty good. Sheri ate two of the potatoes and 7.5 of the meatballs. Pretty good for her.

I had the poached salmon plate and steamed vegetables for $5.99. I thought it was a little high for what you get, and at first thought I would not order it again, but I changed my mind after we ate and I decided I probably would get it again. The salmon was good, but I wouldn't recommend it to a person that only likes seafood a little bit. It had a pronounced fish taste. I liked it, but it was strong enough that I didn't bother offering Sheri a taste. The lemon cream sauce was good. The vegetables were good, but by the time we went from the serving line, paid, got our drinks and sat down the they were cold.

I also got what they call an open face shrimp sandwich. They were on special for $0.99. They are normally $1.99. It is a piece of good whole grain bread with a sliced hard boiled egg on top, a few field greens, a little dollop of mayonnaise, and about a quarter cup of chilled salad shrimp. The bread might have had a little butter spread on it, but I am not sure. It just might have been some of the mayo and hard boiled egg yolk mixed together. It was good though and I would order it again at full price.

We split a piece of chocolate and toffee torte that that was on special for $0.50. Of course it was very good.

I got a drink which was priced normally at $0.60.

close-up of shrimp sandwich


In case you have never been to an Ikea before they have little rooms set up to give you ideas of how to use and place their products. One of the scenes was a bathroom with a toilet in it. I thought it was funny that they had to put this warning on it.



After walking around for an hour or so we stopped at the snack bar near the exit. I got a hot dog and we split a cinnamon roll and a decaf coffee and did some more people watching. Ikea is about the best place in the world for people watching.

No comments: