My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

I got up and went for an 11.88 mile bike ride. At the end of my normal route there is a circular path about 1.7 miles around. This is where I like to work on improving my distance. It is fairly level with just enough undulation to keep it interesting. For some reason I ALWAYS ride this circle counterclockwise, so just to mix it up and be wild and crazy I did two laps counterclockwise and one lap clockwise. It is a gorgeous day here and lot of walkers, runners, and bike riders were out. I didn't see any horses on the trail today, but there were a good number of road apples.

I got home just as Sheri and her sister Sunny were leaving to go shopping at Nordstrom Rack and maybe the Oak Brook Mall.

I am going to shower up and settle in to watch the first Ohio State Buckeye football game of the year.

Greta sent along a large Founder's Favorite pizza from Donato's for me (She must love me!), so I will get to enjoy some Columbus nostalgia as I enjoy the game. Thanks Greta! The Founder's Favorite has pepperoni, sausage, ham and hot peppers on top of natural provolone cheese.

Greta also sent along a bag of extremely ripe tomatoes from her garden. I think I will chop those up between plays for some of my award winning pica de gallo. I just need to pick up some sweet onion, cilantro, and a lime. I might sprinkle and extremely small amount of cumin in it too just for a light background taste. You shouldn't even be able to notice the cumin unless I were to point it out to you.

I didn't feel well last night so I only had a few bites of the pepperoni pizza that Sheri and Sunny got last night from Lou Malnati's, a couple of small squares of the Donato's pizza, some peanuts, and a sugar free popsicle.

Tim and Lisa are at the game today.

GO BUCKS!

No comments: