My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Canon EOS ElanThe best photographs I have ever taken in my life were of my nephew Dylan when he was just a year or two old. Sheri and I emptied out the middle of our family room and then on one side of the room set up a six-foot stepladder with a broom handle clamped to it horizontally. From the broom handle we draped a white sheet from it. It served as both the backdrop as well as the floor. We also took every light we had and shined it at our "set". We also had the window shades open, but I think it was a cloudy fall day so we didn’t have much natural light. I shot in black and white using my Canon EOS Elan. [top picture]

The pictures came out looking, in my opinion, very professional. I couldn't have got the same results with just a point and shoot camera. I am itching to get my hands on an SLR again and get creative.

Canon Rebel XTThe camera I have decided on is the Canon Rebel XT. [bottom picture] I will be able to use the two lenses I already have from my old EOS Elan which is nice. I have a pretty nice 75 mm – 300 mm zoom.

No comments: