My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Well, we are at our favorite Panera's again. We didn't intend to, but this is how we got here.

Sheri got up and walked dogs at her normal time. When she got home she felt beat because it was hot and humid outside, the dogs always wear her out a bit, and we are both still trying to get our sleep schedule back to normal. We are not going to seal coat the driveway and we are not going to go pick up the buckets of tar yet. Sheri's new Harry Potter book arrived in the mail today, so we decided to go out to lunch and then find a comfortable place for her to read Harry Potter and for me to read the book she bought me last week about the 2004 election, Spanking the Donkey; Dispatches from the Dumb Season.



For lunch we decided on Lou Malnati's thin crust pizza with green pepper and mushrooms. I had a craving for that particular combination, plus we have not had their pizza in a long time. We finished a medium there rather than bring it home.

I had a taste for a little something sweet so we walked to the downtown candy store and I got a two pieces of chocolate covered nougat, and Sheri got a little box of Nerds.

We walked down to Penzey's Spices so I could get a little jar of crushed hot red pepper flakes. I like getting my spices there rather than the grocery store. The difference in freshness and taste is very noticeable.

Then the plan was to walk to the little coffee house we have not been to in a long time but that we used to visit every weekend. I had the laptop (and they have free Wi-Fi), the book that Sheri got me, and she had her book. We were going to get a couple of iced espressos and hang out for a few hours. The only problem was that the place was too busy. Almost all of the tables were taken so we couldn't take our time and get lost in our books.

Which led us back to Panera. Between the main meal times we can almost have the place to ourselves. They have a couple of nice soft chairs up front for us to relax in. Here is a picture I just took of Sheri lost in her book. She didn't even realize I was taking her photo. I was messing around with the camera controls for a long while too trying to adjust the exposure to compensate for the back-lighting.



It is a little back-lit but you get the idea.

We will probably stay here for a couple of hours and then go across the street to Best Buy to pick up a couple of things.

After that we will go to Trader Joes and a grocery store to pick up ingredients for tonight's movie feast. I am going to make my award winning guacamole which I have not made in a while, and my famous pico de gallo. Those will be accompanied by Trader Joes reduced carb tortilla chips. I was also going to make hummus and baba ganoush, but then I remembered that I still have some raw pork loin slices in the fridge that I need to grill before they go bad, and that would have been too much food.

We will eat our chips, dips, and pork will watching Cursed.



Here is a cute picture that Lisa sent out today of Shawn and Dad. I might get this printed at Wal-Mart.



No idea what we have planned for tomorrow. Probably not much though. Just relaxing and recovering from the tiring week we had.

No comments: