My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Today gets chalked up as a pretty good day. Sheri had an interview scheduled with a recruiter, and right after she left to go downtown they called her and asked if it would be OK if she also interviewed with the hiring manager at the company. She did, and it went really well. The ironic thing is the job is with the same company where she had her first technical position back in Columbus. We were talking tonight that we remembered the company being a very classy place to work. Not classy like fancy paintings and stuff, but classy like it was a place you were proud to work at because they had a good product, treated everyone well and with respect, and you could move up if you had the desire. Keep your fingers crossed. She should hear something by Friday or Monday.

When I got home we laid in bed for 10 minutes or so while she filled me in on more details from her interviews. Then we put on our exercise clothes and went for a seven mile ride through the forest preserve.

The reward at the end was stopping at Giuseppe's where we each got a slice of pizza for dinner. It is right next door to the Dairy Queen that we biked to this weekend. We sat in the same place in the grass under the trees and ate our dinner. I really like doing that.

We got home, Sheri took a shower and I mixed up some Miracle-Gro for the tomato plants and also watered the rest of the flower beds.

I went upstairs to clean up, and while I was in the shower the electricity went out. I finished up, got dressed, and we both sat on the patio until the electricity came back on. It was off for maybe 45 minutes. Maybe a little less.

It is 9:00 PM now. We are going to open up the windows because it is getting cool again. I am in bed typing this on the laptop. I still have to brush my teeth, and then I will call it a day.

No comments: