My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

I tried my hand at crepes tonight and they turned out pretty good. I made a small batch just to try it out as a snack, but I think it is actually going to be our dinner.

I put all of this into a blender:

2 eggs
½ cup of flour
¼ cup of milk
¼ cup of water
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon melted butter

I added a little bit of butter to a hot pan (a little bit below medium-high) just for the first crepe. I poured just enough batter into the pan to make a three or four inch circle, and then tilted the pan in all directions to work as much of the batter to the edges as I could.

As it cooked I worked the edges up as they dried. You want to flip the crepe over while the top is still wet. If you wait until the top dries before you flip it you won't get a nice brown on the second side. Don't over cook them. No more than two minutes on the first side and maybe 30 seconds on the second side.

We put a little bit of cheddar in a few and some grape jelly in the others.

No comments: