My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I am going to work overnights through Thursday. It's not too bad. Kind of a fun change of pace actually. I got a little sleepy when we took "lunch" around 1 am or 2 am. And the last 1 to 1.5 hours I really started feeling it.

Came home. Showered. Slept for about three hours. Putzed around for a bit, and then Sheri and I went to the grocery store and got some protein bars, cheese crackers, and bottled water for me to take with me tonight. They also had half-priced cold fried chicken in the deli. I got eight pieces. I will eat a few without the skin for dinner.

I am also taking the camera tonight and get some pictures of the trucks with all their lights and maybe get the guys to take a few action shots of me.

I just took a melatonin and am going to try and get a few more hours of sleep before I head into work. I am going to go in a little early to swap out batteries, pick up the battery charger, download last night's data to my PC, and print out an updated map for tonight's run.

Since we are working 10 hour shifts I will get 40 hours in by Thursday and will have Friday off. We didn't want to work Friday nights because of the increase in nighttime traffic.

No comments: