My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, July 04, 2005

The Wizard of Oz is on TV right now. [Link to entire script!] Every time I even hear the WoO mentioned I am immediately brought back to our honeymoon at Disney World. I was very sick the entire five days we were there. One of the nights when I didn't feel well enough to go out we stayed in the room, ordered one of the worst pizzas we have ever had in our lives, and watched the WoO on TV. Somehow that has turned into a fond memory for us.

I started to feel the sickness coming on during the trip to Florida on Monday and felt pretty bad and didn't have an appetite right up until the last day we were there on Friday. Sheri got sick the last day we were there on Friday. We were in Epcot for the second time just to make sure we didn't miss anything. I think part of it might have been the heat, but she threw up and we ended up just finding a cool bench indoors to sit and recover.

We were still able to have a really good time though. The main thing we missed out on was being able to enjoy some fancy meals. Food just didn't sound good most of the time.

One night when I felt OK we went to Pleasure Island and I had an order of freshly steamed mussels at Cap'n Jack's Restaurant. After that we went to the Adventures Club. That was really neat, but I remember I started feeling sick again after the show and we headed back to our room. (I highly recommend the Adventures Club if you go to Disney World. Neat concept.)

I remember swimming in the hotel pool twice. Once during the day and once late at night with no one else around.

One day we spent at one of their water parks. I forget if it was Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach.

We spent a full day each at Epcot, the Magic Kingdom, and Disney-MGM.

I think I usually felt OK in the morning because I remember we ate a pretty good breakfast every morning before we set out for whatever we were doing. By lunch I wouldn't be hungry but I would be able to force something down. I don't remember any dinners that we had except for the steamed mussels I mentioned earlier. I remember eating a cheeseburger for lunch at the water park. I think the first day we were there we spent a half day at Epcot and Sheri made me eat an Italian sub for dinner, but I don't think I could finish it and took it back to our room. On our last day there I had an order of fish and chips at the British pub in Epcot but I really didn't want it. I'm not sure if I even finished it. Beyond that I don't remember eating anything else there. I take that back. I just remembered that we ate probably most of our dinners at the restaurant in our hotel. We did that mostly because it was kind of a food court concept and I could get as little as I wanted while Sheri could still get whatever sounded good to her. They had a pretty wide range of food.

[The flying monkeys just took Dorothy away.]

One other thing we did was rented a pontoon boat and went for a nice cruise on Lake Buena Vista in pleasure island.>

No comments: